Advertisement

Healthy Blueberry Muffin Smoothie

Pretty sure that the smoothie recipe index on this blog is starting to look like a dessert buffet lately.
We’ve got recipes for you to make a Banana Bread Smoothie, Carrot Cake Smoothie, Apple Pie Smoothie, Oatmeal Cookie Smoothie, Chocolate (Chia) Smoothie, and the list goes on.  And, oh, I have a half dozen other “dessert” smoothies coming your way soon.  I’m on a roll!

I mean, as much as I adore a nice sweet treat, I have a pool party and a wedding coming up this month and a cute new dress that I’d like to squeeze into.  So I’m taking any opportunity I can find to take some healthier shortcuts for my favorite dessert recipes, as well as some of my favorite breakfast treats.  My latest experiment was to see if I could smoothie-fy one of my all-time favorite breakfast indulgences — blueberry muffins.  Now of course, nothing quite compares to a warm, buttery, fluffy muffin bursting with juicy fresh blueberries.  But, if you decide to pass on the muffin, I’m pretty sure that the next best thing is this blueberry muffin smoothie.

It’s quick and easy to make, packed with tons of protein and antioxidants, and it is mighty delicious.

Healthy Blueberry Muffin Smoothie
This smoothie is soooooo good! I just made it! I LOVE when I can make a healthy breakfast taste like dessert!

Prep Time: 5 mins   
Total Time: 5 mins   

Ingredients

  • 2 cups frozen blueberries
  • 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
  • ¼ cup gluten-free old fashioned oats
  • 1 cup unsweetened vanilla non-dairy milk (such as almond, rice or hemp)
  • ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
  • 1 teaspoon maple syrup (optional for additional sweetness)
  • ¼ teaspoon vanilla bean powder or ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 2 handfuls of baby spinach (optional if you are looking to increase your vegetable intake – it works great in this recipe and you cannot taste the greens)

Instructions

  1. Place all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth and creamy. To thin out, add more milk. To thicken, add more frozen blueberries.
  2. Serve and enjoy immediately. Garnish with frozen blueberries and oats if desired.

LihatTutupKomentar