Advertisement

Creamy Chicken Chili

Creamy Chicken Chili #Creamy #Chicken #Chili Healthy Recipes Easy, Healthy Recipes Dinner, Healthy Recipes Best, Healthy Recipes On A Budget,Chicken Chili
I’ve been majorly holding out on you guys with this soup!! I made way too many Christmas treats last year (wait; is that even a thing? SLASH saying “last year” feels kind of crazy…time flies!) that I had to share before Christmas had come. So treats did take precedence over soup. This soup has been photographed and ready to share for over a month now, but I hadn’t gotten around to actually typing out a post. And then I promised on Instagram it would be coming over two weeks ago. Major fail.


But it’s here now and you’re going to want to eat this soup every night for the rest of this winter!

Several months ago I threw my (now married) sister her bridal shower. We decided to do some soups, salads, a caramel apple bar, and a few other desserts. One of the soups was a chicken enchilada chili. My family is addicted to the chicken enchilada chili at Zupas so I tried my best to recreate it for the shower. While it was delicious, it wasn’t quite how I wanted it.

After the shower there wasn’t a spoonful left so I had to re-make it for my boys. This time I changed it up quite a bit and it tasted even better than the Zupas chili. Instantly this soup became a favorite! A favorite for me (talk about EASY– just a dump it and forget about it kind of meal), and a favorite from the boys taste-wise. They inhale this soup! I’ve tweaked the recipe a few more times since it’s already been made half a dozen times. This has become our “Sunday meal” — put it in the slow cooker before church and dinner is ready when we get back!

Creamy White Chicken Chili
Made exactly as written and it was delicious.

Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes

Ingredients

  •     1 Tbsp. olive oil
  •     1 15 oz. can chicken broth
  •     3 cloves minced garlic
  •     3 15 oz. cans Northern Beans, rinsed and drained
  •     4 c. shredded cooked chicken, (I used 1 rotisserie chicken)
  •     1 c. red onion, chopped
  •     1 tsp. cumin
  •     1 tsp. salt
  •     8 oz. diced green chilies
  •     1 tsp. oregano
  •     1 cup sour cream
  •     1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
  •     1/2 tsp. pepper
  •     1/2 cup half & half

Instructions

  1. In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and saute 3-5 minutes.
  2. Add chicken, beans, broth, green chilies, and seasonings.
  3. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes.
  4. Stir in sour cream and half & half.
  5. Serve with your choice of toppings, including shredded cheese, tortilla chips, cilantro, onions, and sour cream.
Creamy Chicken Chili #Creamy #Chicken #Chili Healthy Recipes Easy, Healthy Recipes Dinner, Healthy Recipes Best, Healthy Recipes On A Budget, Healthy Recipes Clean, Healthy Recipes Breakfast, Healthy Recipes For Picky Eaters, Healthy Recipes Meal Prep, Healthy Recipes Low Carb, Healthy Recipes Vegetarian,

Creamy Chicken Chili #Creamy #Chicken #Chili Healthy Recipes Easy, Healthy Recipes Dinner, Healthy Recipes Best, Healthy Recipes On A Budget,

LihatTutupKomentar